[4] MOMMY

Today I will tell you about my favorite movie. There are many movies that I like, but within my favorites are the films of Xavier Dolan. There are many movies that I love, but I think my favorite is Mommy. It is a film of 2014, starring Anne Dorval and Antoine Oliver Pilon, which narrates about the conflictive relationship between a mother and her son with behavior problems. In addition to the interesting story I really like the aesthetic proposal of the film, the image, framing, musicalization, art, among others.The final scene is certainly my favorite, although I will not be told not to spoiler.

I like films with simple but emotional stories, with aesthetic and caring images. Most of Xavier Dolan's films are like this, and I like them all. In most of his previous films Xavier is the director and the protagonist, and I find that he does both very well. 

The most recent film that I saw is called "I am the happiness of this world", is a Mexican film, that speaks of homosexual relations and corporal expression related to the sex. The truth is that it is interesting the way the film unfolds, but it is not one of my favorites. 

Always when I have time I see new and old movies, and they are increasing my favorites.

Comments

  1. I really like the simple and emotional movies too, that special aesthetic is so interesting and also it's difficult to classify this movies in a gender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eternal love to this movie <3
    I'll just leave this here
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BSCCk6wlpVV/?taken-by=fury_art

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched any Xavier Dolan's filmes, but I've heard a lot of him and this movie so, I guess I'll give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only Xavier Dolan's movie that I saw was Heartbeats, And I liked the music, the aesthetics but above all the way to represent the act of falling in love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts